03 January 2007

Building renovation, French restaurant


I am currently involved in a small project with a good friend of mine, it concerns the renovation of the facades of a building which will function as a hotel. My intervention came when most of the building was already finished. What is really taking my free time is the French restaurant for the hotel, which will be located in the basement. The name of the restaurant is really a placeholder name right now, and there is lots of work to do on the interior. The budget is limited, but I feel there is a lot of potential for this design.

I took several photographs and corrected their perspective in the Gimp, and that, with the physical measurements of the building, allowed me to have a rough representation of the facades, over which I superimposed the mouldings, the parasols, and of course, the intervention necessary for the restaurant.

Modeled in Silo 1.4 and Shade pro, rendered in Shade pro. Uvmapped in unwrap3d.

No comments: